Another Isekai, another OP main character. Ainz is strong. Super strong. But is the Overlord character strong enough to beat Goku?
For the uninitiated, Ainz Ooal Gown is a max-level video game character played by a human. And he is incredibly powerful.
So exactly how strong is Ainz and can he beat Goku? Let’s take a look at Ainz’s abilities to find out.
Read More: Where Are the Other Players in Overlord?
How Strong is Ainz Ooal Gown in Overlord?
Ainz is the equivalent of a max level mmorpg video game character. Not only that, he is portrayed as one of the most powerful characters in the entire video game YGGDRASIL.
Which begs the question, if a max-level video game character entered real life, how strong would he be?
In the case of YGGDRASIL, here are some of Ainz most powerful abilities:
- Cast a single spell that killed over 70,000 people. This spell was simply a tribute to summon incredible monsters; who are much more powerful than the spell itself.
- Able to freeze time and prevent others from attacking or using magic for its duration.
- Ability to bring people back from the dead.
- Using the Wish Upon a Star ability, can make any wish become reality.
- With creation magic, he can modify any terrain to his desire.
- Can summon a black cyclone that instantly kills anything it touches.
- So far in the Manga, has eliminated over 10,000,000 characters, largely through powerful spells he cast with little exertion.
- Has some weaknesses in that he has limited MP and HP. Plus weakness to holy magic.
Read More: Can Ainz Turn Human?
Can Overlod’s Ainz Ooal Gown Beat Goku?
Yes. Ainz Ooal Gown can beat Goku. Ainz could simply freeze time and cast an instant kill spell against Goku.
However, given the extreme power level of the two characters, it is possible Goku could stand a chance.
Goku’s speed and strength would be enough to beat Ainz given he acted first.
In the end, it comes down to whoever makes the first move. Ainz is clearly a more versatile character with spells and abilities vastly overpowering Goku. For instance, Goku needs to assemble all the Dragon Balls to make a wish. Ainz on the other hand can simply make a wish when he wants (by sacrificing some XP to cast the spell).
Ainz is simply one of the most overpowered anime characters of all time. Given he intended to beat Goku, Goku wouldn’t stand a chance.
Read More: Can Ainz Beat Rimuru?