The creators of Daily Life of Kaiju have unveiled the final promotional art for Kaiju No.8, featuring the characters doing a running exercise. The illustration shows Kikoru Shinomiya, Reno Ichikawa, and Kafka Hibino.
Check it out here:
They also hinted that they will reveal more news about the anime adaptation soon. Kaiju No.8 will debut in April 2024. Crunchyroll and X (the new name of Twitter) will stream it.
- Directors: Shigeyuki Miya and Tomomi Kamiya
- Series composition: Ichirou Ohkouchi
- Character design: Tetsuya Nishio
- Kaiju design: Mahiro Maeda (SSSS.GRIDMAN, Evangelion 3.0+1.0 co-director and concept art director among others)
- Kaiju supervision (design and artwork): Studio Khara
- Art direction: Shinji Kimura (Children of the Sea, Blood Blockade Battlefront)
- Music: Yuta Bandoh (Belle co-composer)
- Animation: Production I.G
- Masaya Fukunishi as Kafka Hibino
- Asami Seto as Mina Ashiro
- Wataru Katou as Reno Ichikawa
- Fairouz Ai as Kikoru Shinomiya
- Kengo Kawanishi as Soshiro Hoshinawere
Naoya Matsumoto launched the manga in 2020 on Shonen Jump+ and it has 11 compiled volumes as of November 2023. VIZ Media summarizes the manga as:
Kafka hopes to one day keep his pact with his childhood friend Mina to join the Japan Defense Force and fight by her side. But while she’s out neutralizing kaiju as Third Division captain, Kafka is stuck cleaning up the aftermath of her battles. When a sudden rule change makes Kafka eligible for the Defense Force, he decides to try out for the squad once more. There’s just one problem—he’s made the Defense Force’s neutralization list under the code name Kaiju No. 8.