A new movie from the producers of A Whisker Away and Penguin Highway is coming your way! Drifting Home is set to premiere on Netflix this coming September 16.
Ame o Tsugeru Hyoryu Danchi or Drifting Home is a film that revolves around childhood best friends, Kosuke and Natsume. They have been friends since they were kids and they were raised like brothers and sisters.
However, after Kosuke’s Grandfather, Yasutsugu passes away, their relationship begins to drift apart. One day during their summer vacation, Kosuke and his up-to-no-good classmates decide to sneak into an apartment complex that is abandoned, demolished, and rumored to be haunted.
This particular apartment complex is where Kosuke and Natsume both grew up in, so the place is filled with fond memories of their time together. However, a strange phenomenon happens and when they wake up, they suddenly were transported to a place with a vast ocean. As the whole apartment complex drifts at sea, Kosuke, Natsume, and the others with them find themselves in the fight of their life. As they work together to try and survive, fights break out and tears pour, but reconciliation also happens.
Studio Colorido revealed a teaser video for the film last June 3, watch the Official Teaser here:
The film will also include a star-studded cast from different famous shows, some of the cast that was revealed are:
- Mutsumi Tamura ( The voice of Kobayashi from Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid) as Kosuke Kumagaya
- Asami Seto ( the voice of Kyoko Hori from Horimiya) as Natsume Tonai
- Ayumu Murase (the voice of Hinata Shoyo from Haikyu!!) as Noppo
- Daiki Yamashita (the voice of Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia) as Yuzuru Tachibana
- Yumiko Kobayashi (the voice of Sota Hori from Horimiya) as Taishi Koiwai
- Inori Minase (the voice of Mito from Sword Art Online)
- Kana Hanazawa (the voice of Mitsuri from Demon Slayer) as Juri Ando
Drifting Home is Studio Colorido’s third full-length anime film. The director and scriptwriter of the film is Hiroyasu Ishida. Akihiro Nagae is the one responsible for character design, and Umitaro Abe is the one that will composes the music.