The anime adaptation of Makoto Ojiro’s Insomniacs After School (Kimi wa Hōkago Insomnia) is still months away from its premiere date, but the show sure knows how to pump up its fans as early as now. The official website for the upcoming TV anime released on Wednesday, Jan 4, a new promotional video and key visual that tease fans about what the series has in store for them. More cast and staff members were also announced.
Check out the promo and key visual below!
The additional seven (7) cast members are as follows:
Haruka Tomatsu as Yui Shiromaru
Seiichirō Yamashita as Tao Ukegawa
Lynn as Motoko Kanikawa
Natsumi Fujiwara as Kanami Anamizu
Sumire Morohoshi as Mina Nono
Mamiko Noto as Usako Kurashiki
Shō Karino as Rui Haida
The additional staff members of the show are:
- Art Director: Tatsuro Onishi (ZOMBIE LAND SAGA REVENGE)
- Art Setting: Akihiro Hirasawa (A Place Further Than the Universe)
- Background Art: Kusanagi (BEASTARS)
- Color Key Artist: Emiko Onodera (Fairy Tail)
- 2D Works: Rinko Nakamura (Design for The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls U149)
- 3D Works: Yoshimasa Yamazaki (3D Director for Another)
- Compositing Director of Photography: Megumi Himeno (Photography for Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai)
- Photography/Compositing: Graphinica (Ascendance of a Bookworm)
- Editor: Mai Hasegawa (Teekyu)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (The Irregular at Magic High School)
Insomniacs After School (Kimi wa Hōkago Insomnia) started as a manga written and illustrated by Makoto Ojiro. It was launched in Shogakukan’s Big Comic Spirits magazine in 2019. Viz Media, its publisher in English, describes the story as such:
Two sleepless teenagers find kinship as they escape to their school’s astronomy observatory.
Unable to sleep at night, Ganta Nakami is cranky in class and unpopular with his classmates. He discovers that the school observatory, once used by the now-defunct astronomy club, may be the perfect place for a nap—but he’s not alone. Fellow insomniac Isaki Magari is willing to share the observatory with Nakami, and a friendship between the two begins as they bond over the most unlikely of things.
Dark rumors about what befell the members of the astronomy club keep people away from the school observatory, and that’s what makes it the perfect sanctuary for Nakami and Magari to get some much-needed rest. Unfortunately, the school faculty can’t allow its unsanctioned use. But if there were a new astronomy club, maybe these two insomniacs could have a place to call home!
News about the manga getting TV anime was first revealed in January 2022. Yuki Ikeda (Tribe Nine episode director) is directing the anime at studio LIDEN FILMS. Rintaro Ikeda (Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It) is in charge of the scripts, while Hiroaki Fukuda (Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song- animation director) and Yuki Hayashi (My Hero Academia) handle the character designs and music respectively.
The TV anime is scheduled to premiere in April. A live-action adaptation film is also set to premiere in 2023.