The upcoming film, Kaguya-sama: Love Is War – The First Kiss That Never Ends, has shared Christmas illustrations featuring the main characters! It is slated to have a special screening this December 17, 2022 in Japan.
A worldwide preview screening will be held in the Anime NYC festival on November 19, 2022 at Javits Convention Center in New York. The festival will occur from November 18 to 20, 2022.
Aoi Koga, the voice actor of the protagonist, Kaguya Shinomiya, will be at the preview screening. She will be accompanied by A-1 Pictures (the animation studio of the Kaguya-sama film) producer, Yuichiro Kikuchi. Aniplex producer Tatsuya Ishikawa will also make an appearance.
The preview and talk of the guests will be streamed on Aniplex’s official YouTube channel for fans who may not be able to attend Anime NYC.
To further add the hype, it now unveiled the Christmas illustrations of the film!
Check out the new Christmas visuals below:
- Kaguya Shinomiya – voiced by Aoi Koga, also known for playing Komi Shouko in Komi Can’t Communicate, Tsukishiro Mona in My Senpai Is Annoying, and more
- Miyuki Shirogane – voiced by Makoto Furukawa, known for playing Saitama in One Punch Man, Yutaro Kindaichi in Haikyuu!!, and many more
- Chika Fujiwara – voiced by Konomi Kohara, known for playing Tachibana Akane in Classroom of the Elite, Umino Sachi in A Couple of Cuckoos, and many more
- Yuu Ishigami – voiced by Ryouta Suzuki, known for playing Cutanner in Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger, Hayashi in Recovery of an MMO Junkie, many more
- Miko Iino – voiced by Miyu Tomita, known for playing Riko in Made in Abyss, Higashira Isana in My Stepmom’s Daughter Is My Ex, and many more
Read More: Kaguya-sama: Love Is War Anime Film Announces December 17 Opening, Releases Trailer
Watch the film’s trailer here:
The trailer showed the progress of Miyuki and Kaguya’s relationship. They seemed to have made their first kiss. Will their battle of love finally end? Will they address their feelings to one another? Will they become a couple now? The film just gives you the excitement to know if the ship is finally sailing!
Kaguya-sama: Love Is War Synopsis
Miyuki Shirogane is a student at a prestigious school, Shuchiin Academy, and has been regarded as a genius because of his high grades. Thus, he became a student council president, working alongside the beautiful vice president Kaguya Shinomiya. A lot of people believed that Miyuki and Kaguya are a perfect couple.
At first, the two of them just regarded each other as workmates. As time goes by though, they started to develop romantic feelings towards each other after spending so much time together. But they are too prideful to admit their feelings outright. They then decided to make plans to get each other to confess, initiating a battle of love.
Kaguya-sama: Love Is War Manga Background
Aka Akasaka is the author and illustrator of Kaguya-sama: Love Is War manga. It serialized first on Shueisha’s Miracle Jump magazine in 2015. It then switched to Shueisha’s seinen magazine Weekly Young Jump in 2016. The manga officially ended last November 2, 2022.
As of October 2022, there are 27 volumes published as a paperback and e-book. The 28th volume will be released in December 19, 2022.
VIZ Media is publishing the manga into English, releasing the 1st volume in March 2018. In August 2022, the 23rd volume is available. The 24th volume will be released this December 6, 2022 and can be pre-ordered.
Read More: Kaguya-sama: Love is War Creator Announces Retirement From Drawing Manga