The upcoming fantasy anime, Mato Seihei no Slave (Chained Soldier), has released their official trailer! The cast and staff are also featured – notably, Seven Arcs will be the animation studio producer. It is slated to premiere sometime in 2023. The official website and Twitter will be giving the updates regarding the debut date.
The ending theme song is also confirmed to be performed by Maaya Uchida, who voices the character Tenka Izumo in the anime.. The opening theme, on the other hand, will be sung by Akari Kitou, who voices the protagonist, Kyouka Uzen.
Watch the trailer here:
The trailer showed the premise of the show: an ordinary high school boy named Yuuki Wakuri found himself at the entrance of a mysterious dimension. Before he got attacked by a monster, a girl with supernatural abilities saved him. Her name is Kyouka Uzen, and she offered Yuuki to be her slave. Seemingly mesmerized by the girl, Yuuki agreed. Upon doing so, he is now able to transform into a formidable creature who can aid Kyouka in defeating monsters.
Mato Seihei no Slave Synopsis
Entrances to different dimensions known as the “Mato” has started to appear throughout Japan. On top of this, a resource called “Peaches” are giving away abilities to women. At the same time, the terrfiying monsters, “Yomotsu Shuuki”, are bringing destruction and disasters throughout the land. The government then recruited the women blessed by the Peaches to form an anti-demon corps to fight off the monsters.
The chief of the Seventh Unit of the Anti-demon Corps, Kyouka Uzen, managed to rescue a high school student, Yuuki Wakura. This is because Yuuki managed to get lost in one of the Mato entrances. Kyouka recognizes the potential Yuuki has, so she asked him to be her slave. Yuuki agreed, and finds his enslavement to be enjoyable.
Mato Seihei no Slave Main Cast
- Yuuki Wakura – voiced by Yuuya Hirose, known for playing Yuta Hibiki in SSSS.Gridman, and many more
- Kyouka Uzen – voiced by Akari Kitou, known for playing Nezuko Kamado in Demon Slayer, Seiun Sky in Uma Musume: Pretty Derby, and many more
- Himari Azuma – voiced by Yume Miyamoto, known for playing Rikka Takarada in SSSS.Gridman, Zenkai Magine in Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger, and many more
- Shushu Suruga – voiced by Mari Hino, known for playing Thoma in The Promised Neverland, and many more
- Nei Ookawamura – voiced by Hina Tachibana, known for playing Satono Diamond in Uma Musume: Pretty Derby, and many more
Mato Seihei no Slave Supporting Cast
- Tenka Izumo – voiced by Maaya Uchida, known for playing Yuki Yoshino in Food Wars, Norman in The Promised Neverland, and many more
- Yachiho Azuma – voiced by Nene Hieda, known for playing Jinguuji Misaki in Love After World Denomination, Misa Ilioroagu in The Misfit of Demon Academy, and many more
- Sahara Wakasa – voiced by Reina Ueda, known for playing Ruri in Dr. Stone, Juna Doma in How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom, and many more
- Aoba Wakura – voiced by Tomori Kusunoki, known for playing Makima in Chainsaw Man, Tia Noto Yoko in Bastard!! Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy, and many more
- Coco Zenibako – voiced by Sayaka Senbongi, known for playing Haru in BEASTARS, Shuna in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, and many more
- Naon Yuno – voiced by Rina Hidaka, known for playing Ren Yamai in Komi Can’t Communicate, Urara Kawashima in Food Wars, and many more
Mato Seihei no Slave Manga Background
Takahiro is the author of the manga, while Youhei Takamura is credited for the illustrations. It serialized on Shueisha’s Shounen Jump+ website in early 2019. The 1st volume was released for paperback and e-book formats last March 2019. The latest 11th volume got released in September 2022, with the upcoming 12th volume arriving in January 2023.
Yen Press licensed the manga into an English publication with the 1st volume becoming available last August 2022. As of October 2022, there are 2 volumes on sale – with the 3rd volume coming in February 2023.