The parody anime, Me & Roboco, unveiled their official trailer! It also included the premiere time and date: 12:30 – 35 AM midnight in Japan time on December 4, 2022. It will be on TV Tokyo and other affiliate broadcasting channels. Each episode will be 5 minutes long.
The cast and the theme song were also revealed in the trailer. The theme song, “lol”, is sung by J-pop idol group, GANG PARADE. Studio Gallop will serve as the animation production studio of the anime.
The anime will be directed by Akitarou Daichi, known for directing the 2001 version of Fruits Basket. Sayuri Ooba will be in-charge of the script. The design team consists of Manami Koyama (art director), Yuuko Ebara (character designer), Yoshihiro Sato (props designer), and Ayami Minowa (color key designer). Rena Tanimoto is the director for photography, while Kazuya Tanaka will be directing the sound. Masafumi Kajino is the editor of the series.
Watch the trailer below:
The trailer depicts the premise of the anime: the rising popularity of pretty robotic maids. The 10-year-old Bondo Taira wants one, too. However, he did not expect a very muscular robotic maid, Roboco, arriving at his doorstep. Roboco deviates from the typical robotic maid: she has big thighs and bodies like a bodybuilder, and is very clumsy. She can almost destroy an entire house even by just doing simple chores. Bondo is not fond of her at first, but eventually warms up.
Here are the cast members & character visuals:
From left to right (upper panel), these are:
- Roboco – voiced by the comedian Shun Matsuo
- Bondo Taira – voiced by Minami Tsuda, known for playing Kibago in Pokemon, and many more
- Gachi Gorilla – voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu, known for playing Kaku in One Piece, Byakuya Kuchiki in Bleach, and many more
- Motsue Kaneo – voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi, known for playing Gudetama in Gudetama: An Eggcellent Adventure, Revolver in Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains, and many more
From left to right (lower panel), these are:
- Madoka – voiced by M.A.O., known for playing Shion in That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime, Sakura Airi in Classroom of the Elite, and many more
- Meico – voiced by Sae Hiratsuka
- Bondo’s mother – voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi, known for playing Boa Hancock in One Piece, Usagi Tsukino or Sailor Moon herself in Sailor Moon, and many more
Me & Roboco Manga Background
Shuhei Miyazaki is the author and illustrator of the comedy manga, Me & Roboco. It serializes on Shueisha’s Weekly Shounen Magazine, its 1st volume published last November 2020. As of October 2022, there are 10 volumes released. The 10th volume also parodied Chainsaw Man, the most hyped anime and manga as of late!
The 11th volume is slated to release this December 2, 2022.
Read More: Can Hybrids Die in Chainsaw Man?