The official website of the new City Hunter anime film released a new trailer on February 22, 2023, revealing the film’s theme song will be “Get Wild,” performed by TM NETWORK. Kenji Kodama will direct the film, with Yasuyuki Muto writing the screenplay.
Cast members announced so far include:
- Kazue Ikura as Kaori Makimura
- Yoko Asagami as Saeko Nogami
- Tessho Genda as Umibozu
- Mami Koyama as Miki
It was previously revealed that Akira Kamiya will reprise his role as Ryo Saeba.
City Hunter is a Japanese manga series by Tsukasa Hojo that was serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1985 to 1991. The manga was adapted into an anime television series by Sunrise Studios in 1987, and has since spawned a media franchise consisting of numerous adaptations and spin-offs from several countries.
Adaptations and Spin-Offs:
- Four anime television series
- Three anime television specials
- Two original video animations
- Several animated feature films, including a film released in February 2019
- Several live-action films, including a Hong Kong film starring Jackie Chan and a French film
- Video games
- A spin-off manga, Angel Heart, which in turn spawned its own anime television series and a live-action Japanese TV drama.
Upcoming Film Details:
The upcoming City Hunter anime film was announced on April 8, 2022, to commemorate the anime’s 35th Anniversary. The film will delve into the past of Ryo Saeba and the death of his old partner Hideyuki Makimura, and will also focus on Angel Dust, an important element from the original series.
With its iconic theme song and returning voice actors, the film promises to be a must-see for fans of the franchise. Stay tuned for more updates as the release date approaches.
Source: City Hunter Official Website
Read More: Original Zoids Franchise Teases Return on 40th Anniversary