On Friday, the official website for NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a, the television anime adaptation of Square Enix and Platinum Games’ NieR:Automata action role-playing game, began streaming a new short promotional video featuring Adam (voiced by Daisuke Namikawa[ the voice of Eustass Kidd from One Piece] ) and Eve (voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki [the voice of Ban from Seven Deadly Sins] ). The website also released a character image.
Check out the Promotional Video Here:
The anime is set to premiere on January 2023, and the cast is as follows:
- Yui Ishikawa (the voice of Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan) as 2B
- Natsuki Hanae (the voice of Tanjiro Kamado from Demon Slayer) as 9S
- Hiroki Yasumoto (the voice of Yasutora Sado from Bleach) as Pod 042
- Kaoru Akiyama (the voice of Mitsuko Kanzaki from Re: Stage!) as Pod 153
- Chiaki Kanou as Commander
- Keiko Isobe as Operator 60
- Meari Hatsumi as Operator 210
- Aoi Yūki (the voice of Tsuyu Asui from My Hero Academia) as Pascal
Ryouji Masuyama (Blend S, Hello WeGo!) is directing the animation for A-1 Pictures, and he is also in charge of series composition alongside Yok Tar from the original game. Jun Nakai is the character designer and primary animation director. The music is being composed by MONACA.
Square Enix describes the story:
NieR:Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines.
Humanity has been driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now, a war between machines and androids rages on… A war that could soon unveil a long-forgotten truth of the world.
The NieR:Automata PlayStation 4 game was released in Japan in February 2017, followed by North America and Europe in March 2017. Square Enix also made the game available for PC via Steam in March 2017, and on Xbox One in June 2018. On October 6, the Nintendo Switch version of the game was published. The game has over 6 million shipping and digital download sales combined.