NieR: Automata Ver 1.1a went on an indefinite delay after just 3 episodes aired this January. Finally, we have some good news, as the series will resume airing on February 18th. The return announcement broke in a tweet from the official NieR account yesterday.
Square Enix describes the game’s story:
NieR:Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines.
Humanity has been driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now, a war between machines and androids rages on… A war that could soon unveil a long-forgotten truth of the world.
The anime’s cast includes:
- Yui Ishikawa as 2B
- Natsuki Hanae as 9S
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Pod 042
- Kaoru Akiyama as Pod 153
- Chiaki Kanou as Commander
- Keiko Isobe as Operator 60
- Meari Hatsumi as Operator 210
- Aoi Yūki as Pascal
- Daisuke Namikawa as Adam
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Eve
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Lily
- Ayaka Suwa as A2
Ryouji Masuyama Directing NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime at A-1 Pictures, with Series Composition by Masuyama and Yokō Tarō. Jun Nakai Designs Characters and Acts as Chief Animation Director, MONACA Scores the Music.
The other staff members include:
- Action Supervision, Prop Design: Shun Tachibana (Key Animation, My Senpai Is Annoying)
- CG Action Supervision, Blender Supervision: Masaki Inada (3DCG Animator, The God of High School)
- Blender Supervision: Takahiro Kawakoshi (Episode Director, Aikatsu!, Btooom!)
- 2D Work: Mie Hiraga
- Military Research: Ken’ichi Kaneko (Military Supervision, GATE)
- Art Supervision: Hiroshi Katō (Gurren Lagann, He Is My Master)
- Art Director: Hirofumi Sakagami (Shadows House, Visual Prison)
- Art: Totonyan
- Art Setting: Takeyuki Takahashi (Higurashi: When They Cry – GOU)
- Color Key Artist: Takahiro Mogi (Golden Kamuy)
- CG Director: Yuusuke Noma (Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle- Rhyme Anima)
- Sub CG Director: Takeshi Ōkawa (Gekijō-ban Utano☆Princesama♪ Maji Love ST☆RISH Tours)
- Compositing Director of Photography: Toshiaki Aoshima (Lycoris Recoil)
- Editing: Akinori Mishima (86, Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War)
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Orange, One Piece Film Z)
NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime Premiered on January 7th on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, and BS11 Channels, Before Airing on Other Channels. Streaming Available on DMM TV and dAnime Store in Japan on January 7th, and on Other Streaming Services Starting on January 10th. Available on Crunchyroll.
The NieR:Automata Game was released on PlayStation 4 in Japan in February 2017, followed by releases in North America and Europe in March. Also released on PC via Steam in March and Xbox One in June 2018, and on Nintendo Switch in October. Combined shipments and digital download sales exceed 7 million.
Read More: NieR: Automata Ver1.1a Anime Reveals Creditless Ending Theme Song