Exciting news for Shaman King fans! The official Twitter account of the SHAMAN KING reboot anime confirmed today that the upcoming continuation will be an adaptation of the SHAMAN KING FLOWERS manga. This spin-off focuses on the adventures of Hana, the son of Yoh and Anna.
The anime adaptation has gained a lot of excitement as it unveiled its teaser visual and trailer, along with the announcement of the main cast and the premiere date set for January 2024.
Check out the Teaser Visual and Video Here:
Here’s the main cast lineup, from left to right:
- Amidamaru voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi (Uzui in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Alumi Niumbirch voiced by Sumire Uesaka (Lum in Urusei Yatsura)
- Hana Asakura voiced by Yoko Hikasa (Emilia in The Devil is a Part-Timer!)
- Yohane Asakura voiced by Shun Horie (Kazuya in Rent-a-Girlfriend)
- Gakko Ibuki voiced by Michiko Kaiden (Dorio in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners)
- Tao Men voiced by Romi Park (Hange in Attack on Titan)
Takeshi Furuta is back to direct the adaptation of Hiroyuki Takei’s manga at Studio Bridge, accompanied by a talented team including series composer Shoji Yonemura, character designer Mayuko Yamamoto, and composer Yuki Hayashi. Netflix exclusively streamed the first series globally, which was a huge success.
Kodansha USA, which publishes the manga’s official English version, describes the sequel series as such:
The action returns in this brand-new sequel to SHAMAN KING! Hana Asakura finds that being the son of Yoh & Anna Asakura isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, and his boredom has him itching for any kind of excitement. But when a fight comes straight to his doorstep, it’s from a place he least expects—his own family? The battle for Asakura supremacy begins!
Source: Official Website, Twitter
Read More: BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Teases Extended Scenes in Blu-Ray Box Announcement