The latest visual for Undead Murder Farce’s third character has been released. This TV anime intends to bring Yugo Aosaki’s supernatural novel series to life and is set to premiere in July as part of Fuji TV’s +Ultra programming block and on Crunchyroll. Feast your eyes on the chilling gaze of Shizuku Hasei, the loyal maid of Aya Rindo, voiced by Sakura Otomoe, in the stunning visual below. Join us in the anticipation for the upcoming anime adaptation.
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama (Kaguya-sama: Love Is War?)
- Head Writer: Noboru Takagi (Durarara!!)
- Character Design Concept: Zerogo Iwamoto
- Character Designer, Chief Animation Director: Noriko Ito (Yuri!!! On Ice)
- Second Character Designer, Chief Animation Director: Naho Kozono (Golden Kamuy)
- Music: Yuma Yamaguchi (Project X Zone 2)
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi (Ghost in the Shell)
- Animation Production: Lapintrack
- Aya Rindo voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa (Kumiko Omae in Sound! Euphonium)
- Tsugaru Shinuchi voiced by Taku Yashiro (Hirokazu Arai in Chainsaw Man)
- Shizuku Hasei voiced by Makoto Koichi (Sakura Otome in Lycoris Recoil)
The 19th century — a world inhabited by vampires, golems, werewolves and other paranormal creatures. Immortal beauty and disembodied head Aya Rindo, along with half-human-half-demon “Demon Killer” Tsugaru Shunichi and her loyal maid Shizuku Hasei, travels through Europe as supernatural detective “The Cage User,” solving supernatural mysteries while she searches for her lost body.
The manga adaptation of Aosaki’s story was first launched by Haruka Tomoyama in Kodansha’s Monthly Shōnen Sirius magazine in June 2016. It was later transferred to Nemesis magazine in June 2017, and then again to the Comic Days website in September 2018. In June 2018, the third compiled book volume of the manga was released in Japan.