The official website for the television anime of Yoshitoki Ōima’s To Your Eternity (Fumetsu no Anata e) disclosed new cast members for the anime on Sunday.
The new cast members include:
- Yasuyuki Kase (the voice of Falco from Cyberpunk Edgerunners) as Kai Renald Rawle
- Kaito Ishikawa (the voice of Kageyama Tobio from Haikyu!!) as Hairo Rich
- Eiji Miyashita (the voice of Sosuke Sugaya from Assassination Classroom) as Messar Robin Bastar
- Noriko Shitaya (the voice of Maya Yamada from Infinite Stratos) as Alma
- Ryou Hirohashi (the voice of Minoru Mineta from My Hero Academia) as Eko (Iddy in the manga’s English release)
Watch the trailer of the show here
On October 23, the anime debuted on NHK Educational. Crunchyroll is airing the second series everywhere except in Asia, and it is also streaming an English dub.
Kiyoko Sayama (Vampire Knight, Prétear, Amanchu! Advance) has taken over as the anime’s new director, succeeding Masahiko Murata. Drive (ACTORS: Songs Connection, Vladlove) replaces Brains Base as the next animation studio. Shinzo Fujita, the series writing supervisor, Koji Yabuno, the character designer, Ryo Kawasaki, the music composer, and Takeshi Takadera, the sound director, all return.
The first season of the anime will air on NHK Educational in April 2021. The anime was initially scheduled to air in October 2020, however it was pushed back to April 2021 owing to COVID-19’s disruption of the production schedule. The anime was aired on Crunchyroll.
Crunchyroll is distributing the manga in English digitally, along with its Japanese debut.
Yoshitoka Ōima began the manga in November 2016 in Weekly Shōnen Magazine. The first arc of the manga finished in December 2019, and the second arc began in January 2020. The manga won the Best Shōnen Manga award at the 43rd annual Kodansha Manga Awards in May 2019. The manga was also named to the Young Adult Library Services Association’s (YALSA) 2019 list of Great Graphic Novels for Teens by the American Library Association (ALA).